Social Media

Basics: Skater Dress

peexo fashion blogger wearing all black leather jacket and skater dress and ankle boots and box bag and sunglasses in spring
peexo fashion blogger wearing all black skater dress and ankle boots and box bag and sunglasses in spring
peexo fashion blogger wearing all black leather jacket and skater dress and ankle boots and box bag and sunglasses in spring
peexo fashion blogger wearing all black leather jacket and skater dress and ankle boots and box bag and sunglasses in spring
peexo fashion blogger wearing all black leather jacket and skater dress and ankle boots and box bag and sunglasses in spring
Leather jacket - Topshop \\ Dress - Topshop (similar) \\ Boots - H&M (similar) \\ Bag (c/o) - Marc b. \\ Sunglasses (c/o) - George at ASDA

I love this look! It's such a fun one and although it's yet another all black look I think this weeks posts have been a pretty good attempt at sharing just how different a standard all black outfit can become with a few extras. So following on from yesterday, today I'm wearing a skater style dress instead which is a little more fun I think (not so fun when the wind makes it fly up which happened more than once to me); you can basically swap the accessories for a day-to-night look.. Topshop have great basics which can be a little more pricey but worth it because of how long they last, this dress is a good few years old now, I added black booties from H&M and a cute Marc b. bag to complete the look, I also threw on some cat-eye sunnies which work perfectly with my little head.

How would you style a dress casually?


*

17 comments

  1. Looking super gorgeous! I always love your all black looks!

    Shot From The Street | Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit, the photos are fab as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased to hear Albertine :) && thank you! I'm trying really hard to improve my photography! X

      Delete
  3. Sophisticated outfit - I love it! I find H&M do really good basics too :) x

    Everything But The Kitchen Sink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I do love H&M for basics - I've heard they do some fab Tshirts so I'll be heading there next week as they're currently offering students 20% off! X

      Delete
  4. You look fabulous in your black Topshop skater dress. To me part of what contributes to the casual or formal look of a skater dress are the season and the accessories. Some converse sneakers, a colourful print vest or a denim jacket, and a crochet or canvas bag would, to me, seem more casual. I love skater skirts and dresses and love how they move in the wind. With respect to "Marilyn moments", being a Lingerista Fblogger, I always think about what lingerie would complement the outfit. I like pairing either white, yellow, orange or lilac with black. To me black seems more formal in Winter than it does in Summer (with the exception of funerals and men's outfits at black tie affairs) when white tends to be more prevalent amongst monochrome outfits.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My basics all seem to be black haha! I had quite a few Marilyn moments *oops* X

      Delete
  5. What a pretty dress and you make me want a leather jacket. I've never tried an all black outfit but you kme it work sweetie.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All black is such a fail-safe outfit - you must try - the same goes with a leather jacket, it's such an essential piece in my wardrobe! X

      Delete
  6. another great black outfit :)
    kisses from the sandpits of dubai ♥
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great look! I love skater dresses they are just so easy to wear both casually and formally, plus they go with so many things! x

    Joanne // Fashion Polaroids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne, I totally agree! Such a staple piece but definitely need to be careful when wearing one - especially on a windy day - haha X

      Delete
  8. Love that dress is good with everything!! Look gorgeous on you!
    xoxo, Rachel

    http://chicglamstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a skirt and a Tshirt - super easy to create! X

      Delete
  9. love skater style dresses, they would be my favs by a mile! You always look great in all black honey xx

    ReplyDelete